- 1 cup rice
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 375 grams oyster mushrooms, stalks finely chopped, tops trimmed
- 50 grams pine nuts
- 25 ml brandy or whisky
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 x 20cm sheets filo pastry
- 100 ml soya cream or yoghurt
- 2 cloves or garlic, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion, mushrooms, pine nuts and garlic until brown. Stir in the brandy, vegetable stock and soy sauce, then remove from the heat.
2. Cut filo sheets to size (mine were about 20cm) and brush with oil. Cover a small dessert bowl or large mug with baking paper and drape the pastry over. Do this with 4 sheets, alternating the points so it looks like a star with 8 points. Repeat this step to make another basket. Bake for 19 minutes or until crispy and brown.
3. Cook the rice in plenty of salted boiling water. Set aside once cooked.
4. Stir the soya cream or yoghurt ino the mushrooms and return to simmer.
5. Carefully lift the filo baskets from their supports then fill with the mushroom mixture atop of a bed of white rice.
Taken from Vegan by Tony Weston and Yvonne Bishop in association with the Vegan Society.
Here's some of the ingredients:
Here it is guys!